Tuesday, April 25, 2006

What a Day!

Well today was my 29th birthday, 29 for the first time. It began at 15 minutes to 5 to my screaming daughter and a beautiful, tear invoking birthday card from my husband, and is now coming to a close with an ice cream sandwich and another last Happy Birthday from my wonderful and thoughtful husband. (And Ortiz just homered and we are up 5-4 against Cleveland. C'mon Schilling win it for my 29th!!!)

Several oddities occurred throughout the day where people joked with me about being 29 forever, 29 for the second time, wink wink. No seriously, I'm 29. 10 emails, 4 email Hallmark cards and 2 Monk emails, 6 or 7 phone calls later, I am feeling well loved. I took my time at lunch. Stopped for a Green Tea Serenity Smoothie from Robek's and I was almost ready to go back to work. Then at 3:48pm an email was sent that cake was to be served in a conference room in honor of my birthday. What? Incredible. People do like me. We gave up monthly unit birthday celebrations due to lack of participation, It was so bad that the birthday girls and boys weren't showing up for their own cake. So to have a cake just for me, very special. And it wasn't just your standard, run-of-the-mill triple decker birthday cake from Giant or Safeway, but 2 delectable creations from Whole Foods, a chocolate covered cheesecake and a fruit tarte. I felt like a Queen!

I came home to my husband and daughter out on the patio waiting for me. Lily was adorable in her jean skirt. We walked to the new Italian restaurant that opened down the street and had a lovely meal. Lily held it together except for a little cry session due to a stomach ache, not her fault, and she was able to regain composure and return to the table all smiles.

In all in all it was a beautiful day. One last Happy Birthday to me until next year! (oh Christ, game is tied up 5-5... please please please for my birthday Schilling, for my 29th birthday!)

No comments: