Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Home Opener

Red Sox 5, Blue Jays 3

Josh Beckett with his first pitching experience at Fenway Park. What a rush. 36 picthes in the first inning. Yikes. I wasn't able to get to Boston for the opener but you can be assured that I had ESPN Gamesast on my desktop. I saw the glowing red dots moves across the bases, then another walk, one scored. AHHH!!! Bottom of the second, Lowell, Stern and Youlilis all doubled, 4 runs came in and then Ortix hit a shot to right giving us 5. Fouklke came in at the top of the 8th and then Papelbon relieved him at the top of the 9th and we had ourselves an exciting home opener!

During the family email exchange during the morning we were talking about the Home Opener and Fenway park undergoing some renavation. My dad writes, "I'll be there next year opening day!" I write back, "How, do you have tickets?" He responds, "Not yet, but I will."

Been reading about the EMC club with the white tablecloths, seared ahi tuna for 32 bucks and waiters that will not only serve you pinot grigio but t-shirts and hats too. What kind of crap is that? What is a baseball game without peanuts and greasy hotdogs and beer spilled on you? Fancy white tablecloths for $275 a game? Ridiculus. They need to open up that space so more real fans of baseball can get into Fenway.

No comments: