Thursday, April 27, 2006

Red Sox 1, Indians 7

Well I was finally able to watch a game b/c it was on ESPN last night and I have mixed emotions about it. Josh Bard with 4 passed balls, Mike Lowell well everyone just struggling at the plate, excluding Wily with a solo homerun and Manny with a single. I can't remember any other hits. I couldn't take it anymore so I let myself drift off to sleep, hoping that I would wake and find that the Red Sox pulled it off and won. Unfortunately, I woke up to find that Cleveland scored another run making it a 7-1 loss instead of a 6-1 loss. Bummer.

The thing with Josh Bard is this. It takes a considerable amount of time to get used to catching a nuckleballer. I get it and I sympathize. But then Tavarez gets up to pitch and he still has trouble catching his ball. Yeah it could be that he was used to the 68 mile an hour knuckle fast ball and then all of a sudden a 90 mph fast ball is thrown at him. Heck I would bobble the ball. It's frustrating. But you can't blame a loss on passed balls. The reason that they lost the game is b/c they didn't hit the ball.

So let's get on it boys, swing the bats and get some hits. I'll be watching and reading Beckett on Gamecast. We don't have HDTV yet. Maybe soon though. Our color tube blew and were watching tv through a rainbow telescope!

No comments: