Wednesday, April 19, 2006

DC Spa Week

Sorry I haven't posted all weekend! Great Easter weekend and I took Monday off from work for much needed R&R which I didn't get despite the rain showers… I woke up at 7 and watched cartoons with Lily and then fell asleep on the couch. Woke up at 9 to drive into DC for a haircut. It's spa week! Aimee and I decided to take full advantage of the reduced rates. She had a massage and I a haircut by none other than a spaz. I am very sensitive to my locks being snipped, and much to my dismay, this man was late, rushing around with the biggest take-out cup of coffee I have ever seen. Myself and another patron were ushered to the back room by the spaz, who looked like he needed a haircut, so that Maria could shampoo us, 20 minutes after 11. Aimee and I had arrived promptly at 10:30. Aimee's apointment was more closer to the scheduled time at 10:45. Maria was also doing a pedicure at that time. So she shampooed both of our heads, very quickly and lathered in some goopy "deep conditioner" and then quickly ran us over to the hair dryers where we sat for another 30 minutes it seemed. Maria went back to her pedicure.
Aimee was finished with her 45 minute massage and grabbed a cup of water for me. The dyer was burning my forehead. The spaz came back and took me first. He ran a comb through my hair twice and started to cut. I was thinking to myself, "Usually they at least smooth out my hair. Oh Christ, here comes another bad haircut but this one will be double the price I usually pay at the Hair Cuttery." He never asked me what I wanted. Just looked at me and said, "You are with the best." Oh God…
He cut, snipped, trimmed, evened out, told me that it was a shame that I had gray hair. "What a shame. Too young, way to young." Aimee had left and put more quarters in the meter, stopped for a smoothie and a protein bar. She came back and he was blow drying my hair with his hands. He never used a brush. I looked like a million bucks. Aimee left again and then he had me under the dyers again with velco rollers perfectly postioned in my hair. I don't know how they stayed, I've tried using them before.
Then the final unveiling. He put me in another chair b/c while I was under the dyer, the girl who was shampooed at the same time as me was finally getting her haircut. She had sat there under the dyers with the deep conditioning goop the entire time he was cutting, drying and rolling my hair. Okay, so the final unveiling was done and I looked amazing. Movie start quality. Aimee's eyes lit up, everyone in the salon stopped what they were doing, turned to see who was sitting in that chair. The entire salon erupted in clapping and cheers, "Bravo! Bravo!"
Well it didn't and that way but Aimee did say that it looked nice, I felt like a million bucks and I can't get my hair to go back the way that it was. It's always like that. Ugh

No comments: