Monday, April 24, 2006

29

Tomorrow will be the first day of my last year in my 20's. Wait, I can't understand myself.

I am turning 29 tomorrow. The last year of my roaring twenties. I sent an email to my sister the other day, I guess unintentionally reminding her. She wrote back, "Dude, haven't you watched Sex in the City? 30's are the new 20's." Hmm, interesting. Sex in the City. A witty tale about fabulously beautiful women, in their 30's and 40's, living the fabulous life in New York City, in their fabulous shoes, fabulous clothes, fabulous bodies...

Yeah I'm 29, I don't feel like I am that close to 30, but I'm not getting any younger. My poor neice who is 9, is afraid to grow up. Rightly so.

I remember distinctively a night 6 years ago when I went to a Dave Matthews concert. I was 23 and our seats were next to a group of 17 and 18 year olds, an obnoxious group of 17 and 18 year olds. One kid said to me, "How old are you?" I said 23. He continued with, "Don't you think that you are too old to be going to see Dave? Yeah so you'll be going to Dave shows when you are 50." They all laughed thinking he was hysterical. I couldn't believe that little puke head called me old. He's probably 23 or 24 now, I wonder if he is still going to Dave shows. And for the record, I have seen Dave 3 times after that and will be going this summer to Saratoga Springs with my cousins to see him again. So there.

Well, 29 isn't all that bad. With age, comes wisdom right? And I'm married to a wonderful man and we have a beautiful daughter and I wouldn't change a thing for the world.

Happy 29th Birthday to me tomorrow!

No comments: