Monday, January 11, 2010

Moving???

Here we go again!  The military likes to keep things exciting!  A couple months ago we were moving to Plattsburgh, last month it is Poughkeepsie and now things are silent again.  It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't already take 7 pre-requisite classes for an accelerated nursing program that starts in May.  Of course I can stay and still go to school, that is an option.  But is it a healthy one for the family?  Do I break up the family during a non-deployment and then again during deployment?  When I start my clinicals, how am I to get Lily to and from school?  Is there a daycare that will take James from 7am to 8 or 9pm?  How am I going to study?  I know there are so many single mothers out there that go to school and work so I know it's possible and it has been done before.  Also, no written orders in sight, just talk.  So we'll see!

During a brief school break I have 3 quilts and a huge scrapbooking project on task.  Actually 4 quilts.  Two I need to finish and 2 are for baby showers.  I know the quilts are a stretch but I am making headway on the scrapbooking.  A couple hundred photos, a bin load of supplies.  I can do this!  Time limit:  just under 3 weeks.  No new pictures will be ordered until everything is pasted and scrapped.  I'll try to post some pictures of my progress.  I figure one project at a time right?

So far ten pages have been started.  I like to mount the pictures and decorate the pages and then put a heading, words or journal entry later.  I'm not sure if my system is the most efficient way to get everything done.  But when I'm back logged I do the assembly-line approach.  I'll pick out a few pictures for about 10 pages.  I usually do a 2 page layout for each theme.  So 2-3 photos a page, so 4-6 photos for a 2 page spread.  I design the page and mount the photos and embellish a 2 page spread at a time.  Now fully equipped with a Cricut, I go back to the 5 2-page layouts and finish with words and descriptions.  So far so good. 

I can't wait for the day when I can scrap one event at a time.  I hope I get there!  I still need to fill in James' baby book!  Fortunately I write daily events down in a calender so I can go back to that and look back at pictures and dates to fill in the gaps.  Time flies when you are having fun!!!

No comments: