Sunday, September 10, 2006

New Arrival!

Our new baby has arrived! We picked Nika up from her foster home in Gaithersburg, MD on Saturday morning. She is a perfect fit and I can honestly say that I have not seen one negative trait. Well, maybe the snoring. We might have to get that checked out but it is so cute! She's pee'd in the apartment twice so far. So far so good!

Saturday was a busy day. We took a walk through Old Town and to our delightful surprise, King Street was blocked off and turned into an open art gallery/show. I was so inspired. I just want to get a canvass and splash some color on it! We have convass and frames, I just have to put one together. When I have a spare moment. Quilting has been put on hold at the moment and probably until after Christmas. I'll start working on Christmas gifts in January for Christmas 2008 at the rate I am going.

We watched my neice and nephew this weekend Sunday we woke up and went to Huntley Meadows for a 2 hour excursion.

Nika ran in the lead, followed closely by Lily. She may be a marathon runner. She didn't stop. Here was Nika after the first hour. She was exhausted. We'll whip her into shape in no time!

No comments: