Monday, May 01, 2006

MIRABELLI IS BACK IN BOSTON!!!

I just got this email from my friend Meg:

"Hey there! Wanted to let you know that Doug Mirabelli is back!! He's catching tonight for Wake. We traded Josh Bard to SD for him. AND the stupid Yankees tried to get him too! WE WIN! "

What??? Flying in from San Diego for tonight's game to catch for Wakie! Unbelieveable!

Big game tonight. Not big, huge!

Red Sox
1. Kevin Youkilis, 1B
2. Mark Loretta, 2B
3. David Ortiz, DH
4. Manny Ramirez, LF
5. Trot Nixon, RF
6. Mike Lowell, 3B
7. Wily Mo Pena, CF
8. Doug Mirabelli, C
9. Alex Cora, SS
P -- Tim Wakefield
Yankees
1. Johnny Damon, CF
2. Derek Jeter, SS
3. Jason Giambi, DH
4. Alex Rodriguez, 3B
5. Hideki Matsui, LF
6. Jorge Posada, C
7. Miguel Cairo, 1B
8. Bubba Crosby, RF
P -- Chien-Ming Wang

Johnny Damon will also be there tonight. I have more thoughts on him later. But since I am at work, I need to focus on that first, well I will try. I've called my dad and I've talked to my sister. One more hour to go. My heart is pounding. I know it's ridiculus.

Here's are email exchange:

I forwarded the breaking news to my dad.

Breaking Sports Alert: Sox re-acquire Mirabelli Johnny Damon won't be the only player making his return to Fenway tonight. According to a major league source, the Red Sox have re-acquired Doug Mirabelli from the Padres in exchange for catcher Josh Bard, minor-league pitcher Cla Meredith, and cash (in the six-figure range). The Yankees were also trying to acquire Mirabelli."

I write: I'm almost crying I'm so excited. Dad I called your cell and left a message. You must be out for a walk. This is amazing news.

My dad replies with:
I think the fans should give Damon his due...and give him a courteous applause not an ovation but an applause the first time he comes to bat...show some class, which Red Sox fans sometimes don't do...anyway when he comes up the next time...I would boo the crap out of him...traitor...Benedict Arnold! hahaha

I say:
I won't clap but I won't boo his first at bat. He's still a Judas in my eyes. Lol No, baseball is business. No way to get around it.

Dad with his infinite wisdom quips:
Sad but true...kind of takes away from the game and the ntertainment of it...players need to be committed to one team for a longer period of time...I don't know how you accomplish that...but I know revenue sharing as they do in the NFL may help to keep players around...but re: Damon...he is no Tony Conigliaro, or Reggie Smith or Rico Petrocelli or the Yaz or Fisk or the Boomer (George Scott not the Yankee reject)...now those were Red Sox...but he had a good career with the Sox...helped them win a World Series and in 10 or 15 years he will be back in Boston when they honor that team...so clap when he leads off in the first and boo him the next time around...thats baseball too!

No comments: