Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Well hello there...

Hello?  Is there anybody in there?

I realize that it has been years since I last blogged, here anyway.  I guess my Mummy Brain got the best of me.  But I never stopped blogging!  Just not here...  Anywho...

Let me get you up to speed...

We bought a house, I went to Nursing School, was pregnant and had a baby while in Nursing School, tried to sell the house we bought, currently renting it, and then relocated to sunny North Carolina!  We have been in NC for exactly one year.  In fact this time last year, we were staying at a friend's house waiting for a house to become available for us on base.  It would be another 2 months before we moved into the house we are in now.

To say that I am enjoying Coastal Eastern North Carolina is an understatement.  After the initial shock of the heat and humidity has subsided, well getting used to being a sweaty betty with a greasy face all the time, it isn't half bad down here.

1.  You are never cold.  Unless your a/c is down too low.
2.  You have your pick of the pool or the ocean.  Alligators take up residence in the ponds around here.
3.  You can run or bike outside, all year long.  Except for the 1 day it might snow 4 inches.

Yep I love it.

Of course, I do miss the snow, cuddling up by the fire, bundling up in sweaters...  I don't miss shivering myself to sleep though with cold toes!

The kids have grown so much in the past 3 years and we added another one to mix.  Baby Kevin, who will be turning 2 in September.  He is more of a monster than a baby.  Strong willed, flaring temper, dare devil, smart as a whip, cute as a button, a little sass and some charm, he has the biggest personality in a little person that you can find.

We are working on talking.  It seems that the other 2 were having full on conversations by now, but I know that isn't true.  He has so much to say!  But he definitely has no problem communicating and getting his point across!

I hope that I can keep you back up to date on all our adventures, as everyday is another 50 page chapter of our crazy existence!

So as James would say, "Relax and sit back, Joy the ride!"



Oh did I mention that Kevin doesn't like to sleep in his crib anymore?  Yeah, we have resorted to just letting him drop where ever he drops.



No comments: